Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Childhood Memories

Growing up in the late 90's was a miraculous time to be a kid, all the best cartoons, the best music and the best food, but most all the best part of the 90's were the games. My brother and I would sit in my room for hours playing the Super Nintendo. There were many games growing up that I share a deep personal connection to but my favourite one was a game called Killer Instinct. Killer Instinct was a fighting game released for the Super Nintendo in August 1995. The game was hailed the number 1 fighter of 1995, and was the fan favourite as well.

My fondest memories of the game are of my brother getting so frustrated because he would try and use all the combos while I would just button mash and end up beating him every time or do something that he tried for hours to do. A couple of months ago I was thinking back about my childhood and remembered that glorious game. I remembered that I still had my Super Nintendo up in my attic, so I ran up to the attic dug it out and hooked it up to my t.v. I called up some friends and we had some tournaments playing a game from the 90's. When a game that old can still be as fun as any other game than you know that it is truly a great game and it has earned its place among the best games of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment